3. Copyright and Use of GW ScholarSpace Content: The Site includes text, images, graphics, information, articles, multi-media objects, scholarly projects and other works protected by copyright, trademark and other laws ("Content"). Some of the Content on this site may include materials from older published works that have passed into the "public domain" under U.S. copyright law. Where such information is known, it is included specifically in the metadata associated with each item of Content. However, the Site itself and most of the materials held as Content on the Site are protected by copyright and other laws. These materials have been deposited to enable teaching, research, and other non-profit educational activities. Unless otherwise specified in the metadata attached to an item of Content, you may use the Site and the Content only for non-commercial, research, educational, or related academic purposes. Further, you have the responsibility to make your own assessment of the copyright or other legal concerns that might affect your use of GW ScholarSpace content and to assume personal responsibility for your uses of Content.
5. GW ScholarSpace Access Levels: Where possible, GW ScholarSpace makes its Content available to the general public. However, some of the Content on this Site has been made available only to The George Washington University community users or other user subgroups by the depositor. Such Content cannot be used, downloaded, or distributed outside the The George Washington University community (or subgroup identified) without the specific permission of the depositor.
9. Disclaimer of Warranties: THE SITE AND THE CONTENT ARE PROVIDED "AS IS." TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, WE DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND (EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR OTHERWISE) REGARDING THE SITE OR THE CONTENT, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OWNERSHIP, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. WE MAKE NO WARRANTY ABOUT THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, COMPLETENESS, TIMELINESS, SUFFICIENCY OR QUALITY OF THE SITE OR THE CONTENT, NOR THAT ANY PARTICULAR CONTENT WILL CONTINUE TO BE MADE AVAILABLE. WE DO NOT APPROVE OR ENDORSE ANY POSTED MATERIAL OR CONTENT PROVIDED BY OTHERS, INCLUDING THE GEORGE WASHINGTON UNIVERSITY AUTHORS. WE DO NOT WARRANT THAT THE SITE WILL OPERATE WITHOUT ERROR OR INTERRUPTION, OR THAT THE SITE OR ITS SERVER ARE FREE OF COMPUTER VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL MATERIALS.
10. Limitations of Liability and Remedies: WE MAKE THE SITE AND THE CONTENT AVAILABLE FREE OF CHARGE. YOUR USE OF THE SITE AND THE CONTENT IS AT YOUR OWN SOLE RISK. IN NO EVENT SHALL WE BE LIABLE TO YOU, IN CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY OR OTHER DAMAGES OF ANY KIND ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE SITE OR THE CONTENT, OR YOUR USE OF THE SITE OR THE CONTENT, OR ANY THIRD PARTY RIGHTS IN THE CONTENT, EVEN IF THE SITE OR CONTENT IS DEFECTIVE OR WE ARE NEGLIGENT OR OTHERWISE AT FAULT, AND REGARDLESS WHETHER WE ARE ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THE FOREGOING LIMITATIONS SHALL APPLY TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
- A. Copyright Complaints: We respect the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe your copyright has been violated on the Site, please notify us through The George Washington University's designated agent under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (see 17 U.S.C. Â§512(c)(3).
- B. Other Site Issues: Please direct all other communications to contact form.